Thursday, August 13, 2009

SORRY BHAI ! (2008)

It is possible that one can fall in love with his brother’s fiancée but it is highly improbable that it happens in just four days before the decided wedding or the way Director Onir showed in this film. Even though I heard some mixed reviews about the film at the time of its release, I dared to watch this film since it has talented actress Chitrangada Singh who showed her brilliant act in her debut ‘Hazaaron Khwahishen Aisi’ and the Director Onir who made a fine sentimental film ‘My Brother Nikhil’. I like the way Onir portrays natural uncontrolled human emotions and bonding of love/hate relationship with fine sensitive touch in his films but somehow this film doesn’t click me even though all actors performed quite naturally.

Most of the film was focused on capturing Mauritius locales with stretching the story in light and serious moments between the characters. Even characters are more one dimensional and inconsistent and there’s lot of flaw in the story too. To give more room to Chitrangada- Sharman romance, he exclusively sidelined the character of Sanjay Suri. I simply can’t digest Sharman’s nonsense ‘Maa kasam’ obsession. The thing I like about the film is that it doesn’t become too serious, instead it has few light moments but just few good passages can’t make the whole novel interesting. Among all cast I like only Boman Irani’s natural act as modern papa.

Ratings-5.5/10

1 comment:

Sushanta said...

I found the relationship between Chitrangada and Shabana Azmi to be very real. When it comes to Shabana's son and Chitrangada's love interest, that is Sharman joshi, both the women suspect each other's intention. They become opponent. But they also shared a strong bonding as mother and daughter. I have rarely found such a beautiful depiction of daughter-in-law and mother-in-law relationship.